Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Party Time and a Move-In Date!!!!

Well...we did it.  We somehow pulled it off and hosted our first party in the house.  It was just as beautiful as I hoped it would be for Erin's big shower day, and I couldn't have been more thrilled to finally have a space of my own to entertain!

If you've been following the blog you've seen a lot of the elements come together, and now I have some fun shots to show you of the house actually being used!

First of all,  I used my oven for the first time ever.  Guess what the first thing I baked was?  I'm pretty sure I would be safe in offering you a million dollars if you could guess the answer.

 Wine glasses.  I baked wine glasses.

Since it was an evening shower with a fun little "wine night" theme, we decided it would be fun to make these amazing little glittery glasses for everyone to drink from for the night.  They also got to take them home with them!  And they are dishwasher safe once you oven-cure them (hence the baking part), how cool is that?  Sara (another bridesmaid/friend) found the idea on Pinterest so of course we had to try it out.  Here's a shot of them done (I did the silver and Sara did the purple)...
Too stinkin' cute, right?!

I even got to put my big farmhouse sink to good use, we decided to use it as our cooler for the evening: 

And don't forget about the chalkboard wall...of course we had to put that to good use as well!

What to do when you haven't hung pots and pans on your hanging pot rack yet?  Hang X's and O's of course!

Our bathroom even came together just in time!  I told Lee this was going to be a "glamorous" bathroom, so he was not surprised when I showed up on Friday with a shower curtain that was covered in sequins (he's such a good sport). 

And here are a few more shots just for fun: 





And in great news, it looks like we are going to make the move next weekend...hopefully on Saturday the 28th!!  It's happeninggggggg!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH.MY.GOODNESS. Looks amazing!!! Can't wait for you to get all your stuff in. :)

    ReplyDelete