Friday, March 18, 2011

Floor Joists

Our (and by "our" I mean Lee's) latest project has been floor joists.  Hip hip hooraaaaay, hooooo, flooooor, joooooist...that doesn't really flow but I figured I would give you a glimpse inside of my brain and the things it comes up with. 

I randomly get pictures like this texted to me:

and nothing, I mean nothing gets me more excited than these random photo texts.  Progress!!  These are the floor joists that had to be replaced in the living room/dining room.  If you have looked through the photo links on the top of this page you will notice that the square where the fireplace was is now gone.  This picture is from last Friday. 

This one:
is from yesterday, more progress!! That is the floor of the spare room, and they continued on to finish up the entire kitchen.  Pardon the dark picture, but hopefully you can see what I mean...

Maybe one day I will whip out a real camera instead of using my iPhone, but until then we will all have to deal with pictures like this!

Next up on the to-do list is to lay a moisture barrier against the ground before we put a subfloor in.  This will help to keep moisture that builds from the ground off of the brand new (dry) wood we have put in, therefore preventing mold from growing up under the house.  It's a crawl space, but we want to try and control it as much as possible.  We are also going to spray down the old floor joists that will remain with some mold spray (just to be better safe than sorry).  I can't help but think how different this post would probably read if Lee were to write about it, our minds view this whole thing so differently!  I'm the cheerleader and the helper, he actually has to figure this stuff out...bless him!  Hopefully he will grace this blog with some posts from time to time, that way you won't just get one side of the story ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment