Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lights, fans, action!

I wasn't sure what to expect when we pulled up to our house at lunch yesterday.  There was no car in the driveway, which led me to believe our electrican, Greg, had never come. So when I turned the corner from our back door to our kitchen, I squealed!!!  Everything was in!  And looked SOOO much better in person than it did in my imagination (and it looked great in my imagination).  First I saw the pendant light over the kitchen sink...


Then off in the distance I saw our ceiling fan in the living room:


Followed by our pendant light that will hang above the dining room table:


But my favorite...of everything that was installed...is the light in our grey and white bathroom.  I was going for old-timey glamour for this bathroom, and this really adds to the effect:


And when it's turned on...

Check out that design on our grey ceiling.  LOVE IT.

After making my way to our bedroom I fell in love all over again with my idea to have pendant lights come down on either side of our bed rather than doing bedside table lamps:
(And if you look on the wall you can see we both have our own switches, score!)

And here's the ceiling fan in our bedroom:

After all of the lunchtime excitement I just couldn't resist going over again last night to put our cabinet faces on.  I was itching to see what it would look like more "finished"...



In the picture above you can see our hanging pot-rack that was also installed!  Exciting day on Tucker Station!!  I think tonight I will work on our "apron" for under the sink since our fabric came in.  It looks like this...


 One step closer!!









1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This place is looking great! Can't wait for you guys to get moved in. Looking forward to a house warming.
    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete